Nothing runs for free. But, this band isn't much of a hardship on your pocket books. A realistic budget for you will be:
- The cost of a rental instrument. Probably in the $20 to $30 per month range.
- A music stand for practice (prices vary from $20 up) and an electronic tuner ($30 to $50) ... or, save the dollars for some private lessons and download a tuner for your phone. There are several for Android which are free and seem to work just fine; and, of course, there are lots for the Iphone as well.
- Don't forget some lesson books!
- If you have (or can borrow) an instrument you should budget for some repairs. A good initial tune-up might be in the $100 range.
- Reeds, oils, and other things are a minimal cost. Look after things and they last a long time.
- We practice in at the United Church and it is important that we pay our fair share of the heat, etc. We pass around a donation box every other practice and hope people will donate what they feel is fair and they can afford. Certainly $5.00 every other week is not unreasonable.
- In the future we may need to purchase scores. So far, I have arranged all the tunes we are working on, but as the size of the group increases that might become unwieldy. We'll have to see how this works out, but remember that a professional score is in the $50 to $100 range (and that's just one song).
|This page "costs.html" was last modified on Tue Apr 10 09:56:25 2018|