Musical MIDI Accompaniment
Lots of free software projects on the web now feature a plethora of google ads. In a silly effort to make a few dollars to pay for the hosting costs I tired it as well. Unfortunately ... it really doesn't work very well. When reviwing the large number of reads and downloads I get, the VERY SMALL amount of revenue from ads just isn't worth the bother. Instead, I have opened a donation account into which you can send me a few dollars: .
I wrote and continue to maintain MMA because:
- It was a program that I needed,
- It was an interesting programming challange and a way to learn the Python language,
- It was a lot of fun!
It never occurred to me that it would be a way to earn any money, but the cost to keep a website up and running is significant.
Just to rant a bit, it surprises me when I'm looking for information about music just how much stuff there is out on the web which is trivial, wrong or dumb ... and people want to charge for. End of rant.
So, please feel free to use MMA for whatever need you have. People are using it to learn an instrument, learn to program, compose and create new music, and as a background generator for gigs. If you want to show your appreciation:
- Send me a note, email, or postcard,
- Let some other folks know about this wonderful and free program,
- Better yes, write a nice little groove file and send it to me for inclusion in the standard library,
- Buy my CD. If you live in Canada or USA (sorry, international postage rates are just too damned high these days to bother) it's available as a real plastic, shiny disc on my site at Cedars,
- Hire me to play at your next concert or show,
- Let me know of any bugs you find or an enhancement or missing feature you think could be useful.
- And, yes, is always apreciated ... Sorry, that is four begging messages on this page, but, they say that repetition is good!
|This page was last modified on 2023-10-10|